yea please explain about sykes i have heard reports about it also
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Sykes is a big orgy. </div></div>
Fustercluck or otherwise? </div></div>
From what I hear. Its the place to get laid and high at. Im kinda jelous. I had to make excused for being out late.
GO VOLS
yea please explain about sykes i have heard reports about it also
Sykes is the straight up devil. Work there at risk of losing your eternal soul.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sykes is the straight up devil. Work there at risk of losing your eternal soul. </div></div>
What makes it so?
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I work at Sykes part-time (well my last day is Thursday). All you do all day is take calls and talk to ppl about their credit cards/checking accounts/etc. it's really not a horrible job most ppl just don't like it b/c you're probably not going to get 8-5 kind of hours. The pay isn't bad for college kids regular pay is 9 bucks an hour and if you do nights/weekends it's 9.50. I usually take 65 calls a day that average about 5 minutes each and it's general credit card stuff (they do have diff departments like fraud, deposits) but it's people calling in why do I have a finance charge, can I make a payment over the phone I don't do the internet, balance transfer, lower my apr, what is this charge, it's all common sense stuff. I don't hate it but I think the management is questionable at the call center, the higher ups tend to think their [censored] don't stink like with most businesses. The callers are in general pretty nice, but with every job you do deal with the occasional jerk-off. They also have a 10 point attendance policy so basically you get 1/2 point for missing half your shift, a whole point for missing all 8 hours, and 2 points if you don't call in. The only difference is it doesn't matter why you call in you're getting pointed even if you go to the doctor and bring an excuse the only excused absences are for court. You can work to get points taken off too.
I'm only quitting b/c 1) I'm having a baby which is the only reason I went there in the first place b/c Sykes will hire almost anyone 6 months pregnant or not 2) I already have my BA in History and just need to finish up my PRAXIS I and II to be able to teach
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sykes is the straight up devil. Work there at risk of losing your eternal soul. </div></div>
What makes it so? </div></div>
Gator Girl's post hit it on the head concerning what the job's about. I came in with the 2nd training class after the place opened. I spent a few months on the phone and moved up to Operations. After that, I did a one month stint on Tier 1.5, then on to Quality Assurance for 8 months after that. Now, I have nothing against anybody that works or has worked at Sykes....under management, that is. And there are a few managers that were there that were good people. However, the majority of management there is just outright horrible. That place is so pathetically mismanaged, I'm surprised the building is still standing. Get what they did to me:
When I got on to the Quality Assurance team in May of '02, my mother's health took a turn for the worse. I didn't have any other family members to help me out, so when something came up with her while at work, I would have to leave. The first couple of times this happened, my manager told me if it was because of my mother, they would excuse the absences. So, it went on till about October when she called me into her office and explained to me that I had 8+ points. I asked why there were so many points and she told me that I was required to get documentation every time I had to leave on behalf of my mother. I then said I wasn't informed of that back when all this began, but she said there was nothing she could do. About that time, my mother had been placed in the nursing home for 3 months for stroke rehab. Near the end of that 3 months, her doctor advised me that she should remain in the nursing home permanently. When I told her this, she said she didn't want to do that and wanted to come home. I told her we didn't have any family to help and if she did, I would have to quit my job and take care of her full time. She said she realized she was asking a lot and she would help me out as much as she could. Well, I went up and told them at Sykes this and one of the managers told me to come in for an exit interview. I tried to get ahold of him for 2 weeks with no luck. After I left, I went up there twice to speak to someone about the interview and both times, I was left waiting over 1/2 hour. So, I let Sykes go and went to care for my mother. She passed away that August of '03. After that, I went looking for a job and called Sykes and spoke to the center manager. He said since I left with no exit interview, I'd have to wait 1 year for a chance at rehire. Well, January '04 came and I applied again. Didn't hear nothing so I called and got some smart-ass human resources person. She said she had spoken to some of the managers who were familiar with the situation and she said then that since I left without an exit interview, I would no longer be eligible for rehire. So you see why I have the opinion of Sykes that I do. I left there to go take care of my dying mother and they do that to me...even when I tried to come back for an exit interview. You can see why I say that the site manager, select account and floor managers can all go [censored] themselves with a dry, sand-paper lined [richard].
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
I wouldn't call Sykes a big "orgy" or a place for drugs, but when you have over 600 employees your gonna have more than a few bad apples so to say that give the place a bad name, especially over the years. I'd say give Sykes a shot, because they try to give everyone around here a chance to work there. If you can pass a drug test, and background check then you can pretty much work there. It's not a hard job. They hire 16 year olds usually in the summer have those kids have no problems doing the job. I remember when I was 16, If I was making 9 dollars an hour it would have made my life a lot easier thats for sure.
Sykes is doing good things for this area. No reason to hate on it, and MikMo things have changed at Sykes since your day. How long ago was it that you worked there? How much do you think Sykes as grown? What did about 200 ppl work there when you did, if that? It's a completely different place now. I've been there for 5 years and it's a lot different since I first started, with the biggest changes happening in the last 2 years. Anyone in this area that needs a job should try it out for themselves. The horror stories just aren't so. It's a pie job, at far more than minimum wage.
Diets..you in management there?
are you still there? Just curious what dept. are you in?
they also have good incentives at Sykes like if you worked just 4 hours overtime this week (doesn't have to be consecutive) you get a $25 gas card and they have incentive pay if you don't miss work. I don't hate it there, but I def. don't want to make a career at Sykes either.
I'm the Assistant Systems Administrator in the IT Department, Sykes is pretty much my career. They provided me with assistance through college and helping me get all my certifications. Sykes has been good to me. I can complain about things if I wanted to, but it's nothing that I wouldn't complain about with any other job.
Bookmarks